Blanc de Noir — 2020
Pruning: Guyot Mixte pruning system
- Vineyards: Demeter certified 100% Biodynamic
- Cultivation: Covering the vine stock with soil in autumn, plowing-down in spring, tilling and allowing natural grass to grow between the rows; biodynamic practices include infusions and plant decoctions applied to the vineyards according to the lunar calendar.
- Vine Age: 45 years old
- Soil: Loamy clay soil composed of red sandstone and flint on tufa (limestone)
- Harvest Date(s): Manual in 12 kg boxes, sorting on the plot at optimal maturity on September 16th and 17th
- Yields: 30 hl/ha (less than 2 tons/acre)
Whole cluster, slowly and gently pressed in a pneumatic press. Cold settling followed by long fermentation with native yeast in 5-year-old oak barrels from Burgundy.
- Aging: Twelve months on fine lees in French oak, 5 year old casks. Aged in ancient troglodyte cellars cut into the limestone hillside on the property and then 6 months in stainless steel vat.
- Bottled: After a light filtration on land, bottling took place on a “fruit” day on May 10, 2022.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Cabernet Franc