Veneto, Italy

Cartizze, Valdobbiadene Superiore Di Cartizze DOCG – 2016

download facts sheet Download tasting notes where to buy
  • Vineyard Profile

    • Appellation: Valdobbiadene Superiore di Cartizze DOCG
    • Location: On the slopes of Cartizze, where this particular microclimate allows the grapes to ripen in vineyards for a longer period.
    • Soil: Clay, moraine, marl and calcareous soil.
    • Elevation: 300 meters (984 feet)
    • Exposure: South
    • Training: Autochthonous method called “cappuccina” (typical from Valdobbiadene)
  • Vintage Report

    • Harvest Date(s): End of September to mid-October
  • Vinification

    • The area is named for Santo Stefano, the heart of a small zone where this celebrated Prosecco is created and where the Bisol Winery has its headquarters. It is an area in which a particularly mild microclimate combines perfectly with an extremely ancient terrain
      Fermentation: Inox tanks for 10-18 days at 16˚C (61˚F)
      Second Fermentation: Charmat-Martinotti in stainless steel tanks for
      (15-20 days at 16˚C/ 61˚F)

    • Fermentation: Inox tanks for 10-18 days at 16˚C (61˚F)
  • Technical Information



    • Varietal Composition: 85% Glera. Remaining 15%: Chardonnay, Pinot Bianco
    • Production (in cases): 3,300 (6/750)
    • Alcohol: 11.5%
    • TA: 5.8 g/L
    • p H: 3.26
    • RS: 24 g/L
  • Tasting Notes

    • The color is light straw yellow, the perlage is lively, persistent and subtle.  The bouquet is as elegant as the scents of wildflowers.  It is agreeably fruity with scents of apple, pears and peaches.  The flavor is sapid, full and balanced with a contained graciousness and accompanied by an intense and elegant fruitiness.

    • Serving Suggestions: Serve at a temperature of 8˚C (46˚F) in a large crystal goblet. This great sparkling wine is best appreciated outside meals, when it offers the palate its noble and infinitely faceted personality. It makes an excellent accompaniment for dry pastries and refined desserts like strawberry mousse.



  • Cartizze, Valdobbiadene Superiore Di Cartizze DOCG – 2016 – 91 points – Wine Enthusiast

    “Enticing scents of wild spring flowers and ripe orchard fruits take center stage on this fragrant sparkler. It’s loaded with finesse, boasting creamy apple, ripe white peach and yellow pear alongside a silky mousse, all lifted by fresh acidity.”