Chardonnay, Gräfin de La Tour, Collio DOC – 2013
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: Sourced from an estate single vineyard selection with south facing exposure. One of the highest vineyard locations in all of the Collio DOC appellation. The high elevation allows the grapes to have a slow maceration and balanced acidity.
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Vine Age: 25–30 years old
- Soil: Sandstone and marl locally knows as “ponca”
- Elevation: 459–656 feet above sea level
- Density: 5,500 vines/ha (2,227 vines/acre)
- Training: Guyot/ Single-arched cane
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand-harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly moved to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into 255/500L (67/132 gallons) small oak casks for 12 months. It is then blended in stainless-steel vats and finally matures for 12 months in bottle.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Chardonnay
- Alcohol: 14%
- TA: 5.51 g/L
- p H: 3.38
- RS: 1.3 g/L
Golden yellow with slight green tints at the edges. Vanilla, apricot, honey and butter aromas, very well-integrated on the nose; balanced, complex and powerful on the palate.