Grand Millésime Brut – 2012
- Delivering elegance, purity, freshness, fruit, precision and texture; dynamic, age-worthy cuvées.
- Exposed terroir by avoiding malolactic fermentation: Preserves sharp acidity, highlighting purity, freshness and fruit
- Longer than average aging on the lees: Provides complexity, richness naturally and requires less dosage
• Avize: CH, vivacity, purity, length
• Cramant: CH, aromatic complexity, salinity
• Le Mesnil: CH, structure, texture, minerality
• Aÿ : PN, full-body, mid-palate structure, aging
• Cumières : CH, roundness, mid-palate
• Ambonnay: CH/PN, finesse, tension, aging
• Mailly: PN, supple, ample, medium-body
• Trépail: CH, vivacity, density, length
• Verzy: PN, opulent, elegant, backbone
• Villers-Marmery: CH, purity, mid-palate
- Malolactic: None
- Bottled: 2013
- Disgorged: 2019
- Varietal Composition: 67% Chardonnay, 33% Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 12%
- TA: 9.0 g/L
- RS: Brut (8 g/L dosage)
The color is a bright and clear yellow gold. Initially the nose is very fresh and expressive with notes of hawthorn, lilac, wild white flowers and fruit notes such as pear, plum and Mirabelle. The palate is straightforward with light notes of violet. Citrus fruit aromas dominate in this cuvée: lemon drops and grapefruit sustained by pear and plum. On the palate, there is citrus, caviar and grapefruit. The finish has a long, refreshing note with a hint of saltiness and lemon.
“The year was particularly favorable to Pinot Noir which shows here a good maturity, with a lot of fruit and body.” Jean-Pierre Mareigner, Cellarmaster
Suggested Serving Temperatures: Between 10 C and 12 C (50 F and 54 F)
Champagne Gosset Grand Millésime Brut — 2019 – Wine Spectator – 93 Points
Crisp and minerally up front, this is finely meshed and mouthwatering, lightly chalky in texture and offering flavors of ripe black currant, lemon pith and pastry dough. Floral and spice notes play on the lasting finish.
Champagne Gosset Grand Millésime Brut — 2012 – Vinous – 92 Points
Gosset's NV Brut Grand Millésime offers a terrific expression of the year in its toasted, open-knit personality. Pastry, orchard fruit, spice and light tropical accents all grace this translucent, alluring Champagne from Gosset. The 2012 has plenty of the energy Gosset fans will expect, but slightly softer contours that make the wine easy to drink and enjoy upon release.
Champagne Gosset Grand Millésime Brut — 2012 – Burghound – 94 Points
A cool, ultra-pure and exceptionally pretty nose combines notes of green apple, floral, citrus peel and plenty of yeast influence. The equally elegant, pure and refined middle weight flavors are supported by a firm but fine mousse,all wrapped in a wonderfully long finish that is shaped by tangy citrus-tinged acidity. This is really lovely stuff that will need a few years of bottle aging to fully flesh out. Extremely promising.
Champagne Gosset Grand Millésime Brut — 2012 – Wine Enthusiast – 93 Points
A blend of two-thirds Chardonnay with one-third Pinot Noir, this beautifully balanced wine is poised between richness and intense crispness. Its apple and ripe pear fruits are now softening and beginning to meld into the taut texture. Still a little young, this wine will repay aging. Wait to drink it until 2022.