Pinot Bianco, Collio DOC – 2015
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: In the vicinity of the winery, on different slopes, mainly south-facing
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Marl; "ponca" clay with limestone
- Density: 4,500-5,000 vines/hectare (1,820-2,025 vines/acre)
- Training: Arched cane and Guyot trained
- Harvest Date(s): September 17, 2015
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature controlled stainless steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 8 months before bottling, 8-9 months after harvest.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Pinot Bianco
- Alcohol: 14%
- TA: 5.2g/L
Straw-yellow color; delicate on the nose with nuances of fruit and flowers and very evident notes of Golden Delicious apples. Ideal for appetizers or a buffet; also fish and vegetable first courses.
Villa Russiz Pinot Bianco – 2015 – Cool Hunting –
A highly rated Italian white wine, Villa Russiz’s Pinot Bianco 2015 vintage carries fruity and floral notes that pair well with light foods. It’s easygoing and fresh from start to finish. For those unaware, Pinot Bianco is drawn from a Pinot Blanc grape, derived from Pinot Gris...
Pinot Bianco, Collio DOC – 2015 – 91 points – jamessuckling.com
"Vivid and minerally with loads of pretty fruit such as pears and apples. Medium body and a fresh finish..."