Vermentino, Toscana IGT — 2022
- The Label: Represents the fluid, the essence of the ancient costal lake of Prelius, what now is known as the Maremma Toscana around Grosseto. The lake has slowly disappeared due to the drainage during the 1930’s and now the only fluid that’s left is the excellent wine making tradition of the region. The vineyards of Prelius are located on a hilltop along the shores of the ancient lake, 5 miles from the sea facing the majestic Tuscan Archipelago.
- Vineyards: Prile
- Appellation: Toscana IGT
- Composition: 100% Vermentino
- Size: 5 acres
- Soil: Sand (80%), clay (15%), silt (5%) and gravels
- Elevation: 120 - 170 feet
- Exposure: South, South-East
- Density: 4,400 vines/acre
- Training: Guyot
- First Year of Production: Planted in 2005
Vintage characterized by very high temperatures from spring throughout the summer with very little rain. All phenological phases occurred earlier than the average. The vines suffered moderate water stress, interrupted
by rains on August 18th and 19th that allowed the ripening process to be completed.
- Harvest Date(s): August 23 - 25
- Fermentation: Stainless steel tanks, on the lees for 6 months
- Aging: 3 months in bottle
- Varietal Composition: 100% Vermentino
- Production Case Pack: 12/750 ml
- Alcohol: 13%
- TA: 5.6 g/L
Floral aromas merge with hints of racy, citrus, pineapple and mineral characters coupled with a soft marine influence. On the palette, it is a refreshing, elegant wine while retaining balanced acidity. The mouth feel
bursts with fresh fruit and lingers on the finish.
Vermentino, Toscana IGT — 2022 – Wine Enthusiast – 90 Points
“The nose begins with tea leaves, blackberries and dried cherries before turning more deeply umami with herbs, soy sauce, stone and soil. The tea leaves and soy sauce star on the palate, with everything working together to recall a serene Japanese garden.”
Vermentino, Toscana IGT — 2022 – James Suckling – 91 Points
"This is attractive and fresh with bitter lemon, white peaches, dried flowers and herbs. Medium-bodied, crisp and crunchy with vivid acidity and juicy character. Fruity finish. From organically grown grapes."