Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru “Charmes” — 2021
The “Les Charmes” parcel is situated in the center of the village, just after “Les Amoureuses”, equidistant from “Musigny” and “Les Bonnes-Mares”.
This parcel produces a charming, subtle, and delicate wine.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Soil: Clay-limestone
- Exposure: East, South-East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels- 40-50% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No Fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13%
The intense ruby red color and an attractive nose offering fresh red fruits, sweet spices, oaky notes, and a touch of smoke.
The palate is smooth and persistent with fruity, oaky notes that linger on the finish.
This Chambolle-Musigny is a remarkably elegant wine with silky smooth tannins and a very distinctive finish.