NOI4, Bolgheri DOC – 2015
NOI4 (noy-kwah-tro) translates to “the four of us.” It represents the four members of the Ratti family, and is used at the entrance of their property. NOI4 was also the fourth wine added to Tenuta Sette Cieli’s portfolio and there was a team of four people that chose to make this wine.
- Grape Source: Estate managed vineyard located in the heart of the Bolgheri DOC.
- Location: Bolgheri, Tuscany
- Size: 1.5 hectares (3.7 acres)
- Vine Age: 25 years
- Soil: 40% sand, 30% clay, 30% silt
- Elevation: Sea level
- Density: 6,940 vines/acre
- Training: Cordon training and guyot
The 2015 growing season was a warm vintage, with good polyphenolic ripening, producing full body wines with lot of extraction and ripe aromas.
- Harvest Date(s): September 10 - October 15
- Fermentation: In stainless-steel tanks at controlled temperatures; with indigenous yeast; before the fermentation starts, we do a cold maceration for 3-4 days; 100% malolactic.
- Maceration: Cold for 3-4 days
- Barrel Aging: 15 months in 60-gallon French oak (50% new)
- Varietal Composition: 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc
- Production (in cases): 1,700 cases (6/750ml)
- Cases Imported: 105
- Alcohol: 13.5%
A blend born of the desire to explore new territories, refined in barrels for 15 months. This wine is very expressive. It is characterized by a very elegant nose, fresh fruitiness, nice acidity and good persistence with an interesting minerality. In the mouth, the tannins are very soft and round.
Tenuta Sette Cieli Noi 4 Bolgheri DOC – 2015 – The Wine Advocate – 90 Points
The 2015 Bolgheri Noi 4 is a steady wine, with notes of blackberry and some tangy spice. It's a bit thin in the mouth, with some sourness, but still a nice effort. There is a touch of dark cherry ripeness in the mouth that gives this wine a heavy center of gravity. The blend is 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 10% Petit Verdot (aged in barrique for 15 months). Some 10,000 bottles were made.