NOI4, Bolgheri DOC — 2018
Noi4 (noy-kwah-tro) translates to “the four of us”. This is because it is composed by four varieties and it was conceived by a team of four. We also like the idea of sharing the bottle
among four people.
- Grape Source: Estate managed vineyard located in the heart of the Bolgheri DOC
- Location: Bolgheri, Tuscany
- Size: 1.5 hectares (3.7 acres)
- Vine Age: 26 years
- Soil: 40% sand, 30% clay, 30% silt
- Elevation: Sea level
- Density: 6,900 vines/hectare (2,810 vines/acre)
- Training: Cordon and guyot
The season has been regular until the spring period when we had a lot of unusual rains, then summer arrived and was characterized by many sunny and breezy days that helped balance the vintage. Harvest 2018 has been a good vintage with homogeneous and excellent yield.
- Fermentation: In stainless-steel tanks at controlled temperatures; with indigenous yeast; 100% malolactic
- Maceration: Cold with dry ice for 3 - 4 days
- Barrel Aging: 14 months in French oak (50% new)
- Varietal Composition: Cabernet Sauvignon 70%, Merlot 15%, Petit Verdot 10%, Cabernet Franc 5%
- Alcohol: 14%
- Optimum Drinking: 10 years
Very intense ruby garnet color with evident violet reflections, clean and wide nose with notes of blueberry, pepper, cocoa and licorice. Very harmonious taste with good structure and persistent with a pleasant finish with notes of jam.
Tenuta Sette Cieli NOI4, Bolgheri DOC — 2018 – Wine & Spirits – 91 Points
This Bourdeaux-style blend combines velvety dark chocolate richness with meaty savor in an intriguing juxtaposition. Its plummy, spicy fruit shows good freshness and verve.
Tenuta Sette Cieli NOI4, Bolgheri DOC — 2018 – Wine Spectator – 92 Points
Dark tones of black cherry and blackberry add details of mint and eucalyptus, while the tannins are robust yet integrated. The finish is slightly chewy.