NOI4, Bolgheri DOC – 2016
NOI4 (noy-kwah-tro) translates to “the four of us.” It represents the four members of the Ratti family, and is used at the entrance of their property. NOI4 was also the fourth wine added to Tenuta Sette Cieli’s portfolio and there was a team of four people that chose to make this wine.
- Grape Source: Estate managed vineyard located in the heart of the Bolgheri DOC.
- Location: Bolgheri, Tuscany
- Size: 1.5 hectares (3.7 acres)
- Vine Age: 25 years
- Soil: 40% sand, 30% clay, 30% silt
- Elevation: Sea level
- Density: 6,940 vines/acre
- Training: Cordon training and guyot
A hot and dry summer, yielded nicely ripened grapes with high concentration.
- Harvest Date(s): September 10 - October 15
- Fermentation: In stainless-steel tanks at controlled temperatures; with indigenous yeast; before the fermentation starts, we do a cold maceration for 3-4 days; 100% malolactic.
- Maceration: Cold for 3-4 days
- Barrel Aging: 15 months in 60-gallon French oak (50% new)
- Varietal Composition: 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc
- Production (in cases): 1,700 cases (6/750ml)
- Cases Imported: 105
- Alcohol: 14%
- TA: 5.32 g/L
- p H: 3.55
- RS: .67 g/L
- Optimum Drinking: 10 years
A blend born of the desire to explore new territories, refined in barrels for 15 months. This wine is very expressive. It is characterized by a very elegant nose, fresh fruitiness, nice acidity and good persistence with an interesting minerality. In the mouth, the tannins are very soft and round.
Tenuta Sette Cieli NOI4, Bolgheri DOC — 2016 – James Suckling – 91 Points
Attractive licorice and berry aromas and flavors. Medium body. Soft, silky tannins. Citrus and spice aftertaste. Bordeaux blend. Drink now.
Tenuta Sette Cieli NOI4, Bolgheri DOC — 2016 – Wine Spectator – 92 Points
Top notes of jasmine and rose add perfume to the cherry and blackberry core in this concentrated red. Elegant yet firmly structured, with dense, dusty tannins gripping the finish. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc. Best from 2021 through 2030. 1,000 cases made, 250 cases imported.