NOI4, Bolgheri DOC — 2020
Noi4 (noy-kwah-tro) translates to “the four of us”. This is because it is composed by four varieties and it was conceived by a team of four. We also like the idea of sharing the bottle among four people.
- Grape Source: Estate managed vineyard located in the heart of the Bolgheri DOC
- Location: Bolgheri, Tuscany
- Size: 5.0 hectares (12.35 acres)
- Vine Age: 19 years
- Soil: 40% sand, 30% clay, 30% silt
- Elevation: 76 meters (249 feet) above sea level
- Density: 5,680 vines/hectare (2,300 vines/acre)
- Training: Cordon Trained
2020 was an interesting vintage, characterized by a very balanced season with good production. A fresh spring gave way to a hot summer, creating an optimal environment for the grapes. This yielded great ripeness, high concentration, and nice elegance due to the freshness of the acidity.
- Harvest Date(s): September 10-October 15
- Fermentation: In stainless-steel tanks at controlled temperatures; with indigenous yeast; 100% malolactic
- Maceration: Cold with dry ice for 5 days
- Aging: 8 months in French oak (50% new), followed by a minimum 6 months in bottle
- Varietal Composition: Cabernet Sauvignon 70%, Merlot 15%, Petit Verdot 10%, Cabernet Franc 5%
- Alcohol: 14.5%
A blend born of the desire to explore new territories, refined in barriques for 8 months. This wine is very expressive in what was the vintage 2020. It’s characterized by a very elegant nose, fresh fruitiness, balanced acidity, good persistence with an interesting minerality. In the mouth the tannins are very soft and round.
Noi4 Bolgheri DOC — 2020 – Jeb Dunnuck – 93 Points
“Ripe with black plum compote, pencil shaving, and menthol tobacco. On the palate, it is full and balanced, with a bit of iron rich meatiness, an elegant texture, ripe tannins, and fresh acidity. This is a balanced and versatile wine.”